4/30/2012

I don't know what day it is 'cause I've been up all night, I don't know what week it is 'cause I've been up all night

When it comes to photography, I can't quite get my words together. I guess that's sort of the whole point. A picture is worth a thousand words; it should say everything that you want to say, so you don't need to say it. But I also have a hard time describing what it is I like about a certain photographers style, or the aesthetics of the photo. I don't know if it's in the lighting, or the styling, or the model choice, or the props and the set. It could be all of those things that make a photoshoot a success, and computer editing always helps. But when I come across a photographers work that I like, I usually like almost everything they do and thus it's gotta be the photographer, not just the photo, that rules.
I came across photographer Donna Trope and have fallen in love with everything I've seen so far.
Here is an assortment of my favoured images:





















Donna Trope has been worked with the likes of: Vogue, Harpers BAZAAR, Sephora, Neiman Marcus, Revlon, New York Times Magazine, Dazed and Confused, ID, Aveda, Pantene, Saks Fifth Avenue and ELLE just to name a few.

All images taken from www.donnatrope.com

No comments:

Post a Comment