7/10/2012

high heels in her hands, swayin' in the wind while she starts to cry, mascara runnin' down her little Bambi eyes

French designer Jean-Charles de Castelbajac


JC/DC has been creating colorful cartoon-inspired collections since the 60s. He's kind of like the older Jeremy Scott. His collections often reference themes like childhood, the circus, Japanese culture, gothic influences and often include pop-culture prints.


I wouldn't say he's one of my favourite designers; I'm usually 50/50 with his collections. I can easily pick out half the collection that I don't like, sometimes more than half. I think his stuff is too costume and tacky, there's not enough high fashion. I don't see a lot of cohesiveness his collections, (however it is difficult to achieve when you have 50+ pieces) Regardless, there are usually too many sub-themes of a collection which throws me off.


I usually pick out a few pieces I like; I've gone through and selected them from the Fall/Winter 2010 collection as well as the Fall/Winter 2011 collection. Each were quite different and I found that I liked even less from the 2011 collection.


A/W '10

A/W '10

Bambi is pretty cute

Like the stained glass chapel vibes

Cherubs & jewels


Love the hooded cape and the fabric/colour especially

Poor fit/sweet print

I just like stripes and black & gold


Obviously love this 'cause it's got a pup, but notice the spike shoes?
2 years ahead of the game

Space age & bold primary colours against black

I love jewels




A/W '11
Comfy/easy but cute outfit


Never too much plaid


REALLY love the head piece and the skirt is great too

1 comment:

  1. whoa i've never seen more than just his skeleton dress, these are great!!!

    ReplyDelete